Snow Emergency Information
Borough residents are asked to conform with the following rules and regulations
during and after a snow fall.
Please be advised. In the event of a snow storm, or following the prediction of a heavy snow storm, the Borough Manager may declare a snow emergency. If a snow emergency is issued in the Borough of Hamburg, parking will be prohibited on the following snow emergency routes.
Snow Emergency Routes
• 4th Street from Route 61 to Interstate Route 78
• 3rd Street from Port Clinton Avenue to the Dollar General Store (Old Acme Building)
• State Street from the Western Borough Line to the Eastern Borough Line
• Confer Avenue from North 4th Street to North 5th Street
• Center Street from Confer Avenue to Quince Alley
• Port Clinton Avenue from William Street to North 4th Street
• Franklin Street from State Street to North 4th Street
• Grand Street from 2nd Street to 4th Street
• Washington Street from South 2nd Street to South 3rd Street
• Windsor Street from 4th Street to 5th Street (both sides)
• Grandview Terrace from Arthur Street to Catherine Street (west side only)
ALL VEHICLES MUST BE REMOVED FROM SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES
OR VEHICLES WILL BE TOWED AT OWNER'S EXPENSE.
How will Borough residents be informed of a Snow Emergency?
Local Radio Stations: WIOV - 105FM, WRFY - 102.5FM, WEEU - 830AM
Comcast: Municipal Access Channel - #99
Internet: www.hamburgboro.com or www.WFMZ.com
CodeRED Emergency Notification System: Click Here to sign up for CodeRED!
Additional Snow Removal Information
• Residents with fire hydrants on their property must clear snow away from the hydrant
• Snow and ice must be removed from all sidewalks within 24 hours after snow or ice storm
• Residents are required to make a path of at least 24" wide on all sidewalks
• When removing snow, please DO NOT throw or blow snow onto Borough streets!!
PLEASE BE ADVISED. THE BOROUGH WILL CONTRACT OUT AND HAVE SNOW/ICE
REMOVED FOR YOU IF IT HAS NOT BEEN REMOVED. FAILURE TO REMOVE SNOW
WILL COST YOU MONEY!
We appreciate your cooperation and patience!